Friday, March 19

Laziness

Since Wednesday I have been at home in bed... I am sick. My ears are hurting, sore throat, headache, congestion, and a slight fever. I went to the doctor and nothing was wrong with me. No flu, no strep throat. Just a lot of wax in my ear... Really? How do I never have a definable illness? Whatever. So I follow the NP's advice and get some earwax drops. They are gross feeling and I don't think it all came out of my ear. The result:more pain last night and fullness feeling today.

So I am on day 3 of staying home and being incredibly lazy. Its (obvious if you know me) driving me crazy! I hate not going to work. Teachers are kind of control freaks and I don't like missing any days at all! Missing three in a row right before spring break is not ideal for me. This morning I woke up feeling well rested so I got up, tried to do some normal activity... Almost instantly I can't breathe and I'm exhausted again. Drat.

Just noticed my sore throat is no longer irritated. Nice!

So last night David came home with dinner for me (sweet husband) and he opened our bedroom window shade. It was nice. Now that the sun is out longer I got to watch the sunset and then watch the planes land with their pretty lights. Very relaxing. I've been alone pretty much the whole time I've been sick because David is furiously trying to finish all his painting projects, printing projects, and baby nursery murals for our friends. He has been working hard! So I have been catching up on proteacher forums, applying for summer jobs, and watching inordinate amounts of tv.

But, I will be well soon and I will get to have a happy and productive spring break. Here are the things I will do: clean closet, go shopping for new clothes, clean classroom, paint toenails, read in the sunshine while drinking an amaretto sour, and cook some amazing cupcakes for David's show. If I can do those things I will be super happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment