One moment, I am outside on the porch, reading and drinking a Cherry Coke Zero in the sun... The next moment, I feel a darkness around me. A giant cloud has pushed its way over our house. Then comes the wind. Our grill cover is doing a lovely dance. Ahhh Tennessee summertime weather... Nothing like it.
Have I mentioned lately that God is so good?! When I am feeling hopeless, he shines a little light my way. Also, today a miracle happened. I am not kidding... I believe in miracles. And this one sounds trite, but it happened. Gather roooound brothers and sisters, because here is the story. I had a very discouraging phone call today with a business that shall remain nameless. I needed their help and it was refused, quite rudely and without reason. This is not the first time they have treated me poorly. Anyway, I was so upset. Feeling depressed and defeated, I went to eat lunch with some of my favorite ladies and baby. We went to Wich Which, a fabulous sandwich place that serves a ham and pineapple sandwich! Now that is a good sandwich! I decided to get a bag of baked chips because they are more healthy. Sad to say, the only baked chips I saw were too flavored.
If you know me, like- really know me, you know I just like plain, original flavored chips 90% of the time. So, I was not excited about these Southwestern Ranch Baked chips I picked up. But, I wanted something crunchy to eat, so I got them. I ordered the rest of my food, sat down, looked at my chips and - Praise the LORD they were Original Baked Lays! The kind that I had wanted! And, I KNOW there were none of them up there when I grabbed my bag. It was like water into wine, only better! The LORD smiled on me. He gave me something to cheer me up and told me, "I've still got you. Calm down." God is Good. All the time. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment