Thursday, May 5

Windows

Moe is having a hard time today. He is facing the challenging concept of windows.

This weekend David and I "cleaned out" kindasorta our "art room". Where David is SUPPOSED to work on art. Its more like a giant closet.. But anyway, we moved some stuff around. Put some artwork in the attic, and moved 2 chairs up here. I am sitting here with the window open enjoying the new view and birds singing.

Moe, however, can just not handle it. He is up in the recliner with me as usual. But now he sees birds and cars and trees and people. He can hear other dogs. He smells a new smell in the air. But he can't be a part of it. He keeps reaching as far as he can and sniffing. He will not stop looking out the window! He is actually standing on my legs to get a better look out the window. He keeps starting to go toward the window, but stops. Too much junk is in the way.

He is very agitated about this. Let's do an experiment. I'll close the window. We'll see if he's still interested. Here goes! ......
Still interested! Even though he can't hear it or smell it anymore, he still sees something out there he wants to get to...
.....2 minutes later... Still looking intently but not lunging towards the window as much anymore.

Hmmm. I feel we must draw some conclusion about life from this interaction. Anyone??

0 comments:

Post a Comment