Tayo- this is what I'm making the boys tonight (David, Ben, and Blake)
4 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 stick butter or margerine
1 small to medium onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup (8 ounces) of sour cream
1 box of Pepperidge Farms seasoned croutons
1 stick butter or margerine
1 small to medium onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup (8 ounces) of sour cream
1 box of Pepperidge Farms seasoned croutons
Boil zucchini just until tender, drain (if using zucchini you had frozen, just thaw it and drain very well, I found no need to cook it). In a large skillet, melt butter. Add carrots and onion and sauté until tender.
I talk to myself a lot. I think most of the time I do it internally, but who knows? I will be writing about some things I would tell people if they ever asked me. Somehow in my southern upbringing I got the notion that you don't shout out your opinion until your asked. So I may just be pretending that some people would ask- and be responding in kind. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and soup (right out of the can). Stir in the drained zucchini and half of the croutons and mix until croutons are coated. Pour into buttered 3 quart baking dish.
Top evenly with remaining croutons, cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until hot.
My 4 cups of zucchini were generous (on the heaping side) and it works fine.
Submitted by: Janice Kimpel
Thought: I wish we had a wailing wall. Like in Jerusalem. Last night at Godspell rehearsal we had to wail as Jesus mourns over Jerusalem. It was very nice. Actually, it was quite unpleasant, but in that uncomfortable posture and vocalization, there was a nice release. I don't cry often, but there are things that I want (and should) cry over. I wish wailing and crying over people was more accepted and even promoted here. I think we all might be more emotionally healthy. So the wailing was nice. Honestly, it was nice to hear other people wailing, too. I knew I wasn't the only one who hurt. Heavy first thought. No apologies.
0 comments:
Post a Comment